You are here
By Jack Cush, MD | 05 January 2018
Dr Jack Cush reviews the news and journal articles from the past week on RheumNow.com.
- Hospital pts have higher risk of Clostridium difficile infection taking PPI's, H2 antagonists, sucralfate, several antibiotics, including carbapenems, 3rd/4th gen cephalosporins, metronidazole, piperacillin/tazobactam https://t.co/qPcN28FJOx
- Claims data show HBV Testing in RA starting DMARD is low in USA (20.3%) & Taiwan (24.5%), US does >1HBV test (43.4% vs 16.3%) compared with Taiwan. MUST do HBsAg, HBcAb, HBsAb, HCV Ab before DMARDs/Biologics https://t.co/hsh9LhSyTi
- CORRONA RA Registry Study of 566 ABA initiators and 1715 TNFi initiators shows that CCP POSITIVITY predicted a good response to Abatacept but not TNFi. https://t.co/nljAnFK1ao
- From a Colombian Chikungunya Virus cohort; 33/103 pts were seropositive CHIKV and had chronic arthritis for 22 mos, mean TJC 5, SJC3. https://t.co/kIAw6B6Wew
- Medication Safety Tips: 1) Keep updated med list 2) Bring med list to all doctor visits 3) Fill same med w/ same pharmacy, same doctor 4) take as ordered; taking less is NOT safer 5) when Dr Prescribes one med, ask him/her to remove one med!
- Great animated TED video on knuckle-cracking and why it feels good. Thanks to Ai Lyn Tan! https://t.co/kdbisKNN6m
- Inequity in biological DMARDs uptake for #spondyloarthritis across the globe: results from the ASAS-COMOSPA study https://t.co/s6GgCGliiI @ElenaNikiUK https://t.co/uMzNeQZcbJ
- Autologous stem cell (ASC) Rx looks favorable for systemic sclerosis (https://t.co/JK9oeg8bHC). recent safety review of 18 ASC pts showed 4 death shows a strong need to optimize Pt selection to reduce toxicity. https://t.co/1a7uvHOKur
- Stem Cell Transplant Succeeds in Scleroderma
- Sorting Out the Complexities of Autoimmunity with Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Therapy
- Despite Increasing Metric Use, They Are Not Widespread in Rheumatoid Care
- Bone Marrow Edema May be Found in Normals, Athletes and Military Recruits