You are here
The RheumNow Week in Review discusses the past week's news, journal articles and highlights from RheumNow.com. This week's report includes new data on IL-1 inhibition and protection from CV events and lung cancer, baricitinib given a reprieve, and features on infections - HBV, shingles and mortality of septic arthritis.
Please donate something/anything to American Red Cross to help victims of Hurricaine Harvey. I did! Every bit helps https://t.co/CmlDWfRX6R or text HARVEY to 90999 to donate $10.
Watch for RheumNow’s novel new coverage of the 2017 ACR meeting from San Diego! We'll have a microsite dedicated to the meeting, and multiple RN faculty will report on site, providing pics, tweets, articles and videos from leading rheumatologists.
- 25 studies shows low risk of HBV reactivation (1.6%) w/ resolved HBV - not changed by TNFi, other biologics, DMARDs https://t.co/wzjikRHPFh
- 1667 geriatric pts w/ Septic arthritis matched 1:10 w/o; those w/ Septic arthritis had 50-100% increase mortality https://t.co/LcMpdKT6pI
- RT @NYTHealth: FDA announces crackdown on "unscrupulous" stem cell clinics. https://t.co/uQajkkZF5x
- Severe (ocular) Behcets study: ~half respond to TNF inhib but only half these stay in remission w/ TNFi withdrawal https://t.co/a2oGZADlle
- Epidemiology of SLE varied but incidence appears to be increasing. Highest frequencies in AA, N America (23/100K-PY); lowest in Africa, Ukraine, N. Australia https://t.co/jK9tJ2Ybqy
- Untreated Sleep apnea increases free fatty acids, glucose, cortisol and blood pressure during sleep. https://buff.ly/2eHGiay
- FDA approves 1st gene therapy - CAR T-cell therapy approved B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia https://t.co/wPNHbQIhwx
- FDA Approves Genentech’s Actemra (tocilizumab) for the Treatment of CAR T Cell-Induced Cytokine Release Syndrome - https://t.co/hGJcWyZEy5
- Turnabout for Baricitinib
- Another Adalimumab Biosimilar Approved
- Canakinumab Reduces CV Outcomes in High Risk Patients
- Canakinumab Patients have Lower Risk of Lung Cancer
- Shingles Vaccine Studies in A&R
- Therapeutic Update: See what Drs. Mease, Gibofsky, Cush have to say about FDA hearing on Tofacitinib for Psoriatic Arthritis
- The job is not you, nor is your income, car or good looks. You are your principles and what you do when those principles are needed. Listen to this podcast by Malcolm Gladwell