You are here
Medscape has reported the results of its 2020 annual physician survey, This year rheumatologists (60%), general surgeons (60%), public health and preventive medicine physicians, and allergists/immunologists are the "happiest" outside of work compared to other specialists, according to Medscape.
Lowest in happiness were internal medicine, critical care and neurology (44-48%).
The report surveyed more than 15,000 physicians in more than 29 specialties. The survey includes differences in millenials, how much vacation MDs take and more on alcohol, weight loss and exercise.
When asked about how happy rheumatologist are at work, only 28% said they were extremely or very happy at work - this is midway between plastic surgeons (41%) or physiatrists (19%).
- 41% of Rheums are burnt out
- 60 have very good marriages
- 29% drive a toyota, 14% a BMW
- 50% take 3-4 weeks vacation yearly - 21% takd 5-6weeks vacation
- 57% exercise 2-5 times weekly
- 29% do not drink alcohol (23% 5-7 drinks per week)