You are here
Dr. Jack Cush reviews the news and journals for the beginning of 2019. All from RheumNow.com.
Best wishes for a charmed 2019! My advice: 1. Just show up. 2. If you can, then you must do. 3. Live each day as if it twas your 1st day/last day/make or break day. 4. Teach.
- Chronic Urticaria associated with a 23% higher risk of osteoporosis, irrespective of steroid use. Population study from Israel compared 11,944 Chr urticaria w/ 59,829 controls. (HR = 1.23, 95% CI 1.10–1.37, p <0.001) https://t.co/eSq4BPV2J4
- Analysis of pegloticase clinical trial data shows that tophus resolution was achieved by 69.6% of 23 responders, 27.9% of 43 nonresponders, and 14.3% of 21 patients who received placebo. Resolution time = 9.9 mos. https://t.co/4Pu16t3BV8
- Case series compared 247 pregnancies in IgA Vasculitis patients vs 556 control pregnancies showing IgA Vasculitis had no effect on fertility and did not induce flares. But IgAV had more spont. abortions, gestational HTN, preterm delivery. https://t.co/uJirv32UYc
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension is a very uncommon complication of Adult onset Stills disease - 4.8% of 41 AOSD pts developed PAH - often severe, with a mortality risk. https://t.co/XjyVArMNBl
- Abbvie has submitted its new JAK inhibitor, upadacitinib, to the FDA and EMA for consideration in moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis https://t.co/49GspIEeYN
- Severe Cutaneous Sarcoid Treated with Tofacitinib
- Sleep Apnea Increases Gout Risk