You are here
By Jack Cush, MD | 20 December 2019
Dr. Jack Cush reviews the news from the past week on RheumNow.com, just in time for Christmas!
- Should AS/SpA pts have ECHO for AI/AR? I say YES; Swedish study of 6448 AS pts shows 2 fold higher risk AI https://t.co/lchlsGXAJi. Another ECHO study 187 AS pts shows an incr prevalence (18%) of AI murmur esp w/ longstanding disease or age >50 (>50%) https://t.co/Np21FwCbBP
- A retrospective cohort study of CCP+ individuals without RA, were followed, showing that they were more likely to progress to RA in 5 yrs if they had high CCP antibody levels (46%). (HR 4.83 [95% CI 2.51–9.31]) https://t.co/Vuaqly1M5Y
- Domestic Abuse Linked to Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue http://rheumnow.com/content/domestic-abuse-linked-fibromyalgia-and-chron...
- Early Lupus study of 230 pts -Assess by SLICC/ACR Damage Index - 22% had 1Dyslipidaemia (HR 2.9), older age (3.0), #organs/systems (1.4), CVresp Dz (1.9) https://t.co/JUrgTN5hII
- Fewer Lupus Flares on Low Dose Steroids
- Is Anifrolumab Good Enough for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus?
- Belimumab in Lupus Nephritis