You are here
By Jack Cush, MD | 21 December 2018
Dr. Jack Cush reviews the news from RheumNow for the week ending 12/21/18.
- Study from the UK BSRBR registry shows 34 cancers & 41 deaths in 709 pts. Risk of CA w/ TNFi was not increased (SIR 0.94; 95% CI 0.65,1.34) (but for 2 fold incr risk of nonmelanoma skin CA) & all-cause mortality rate was increased (SMR 1.56) from CV events https://t.co/6HSnw5SOF8
- Clinical pain severity & disability in OA is higher amongst African Americans vs Whites. Metanalysis of 61 articles shows higher pain severity in AA using the WOMAC (0.57; 95%CI: 0.54, 0.61) & non-WOMAC studies (0.35; 95%CI: 0.23, 0.47). Journal of Pain. https://t.co/qLm2Pbw7pz
- Check out Vinay Prasads @VPplenarysesh Plenary Session Podcast that discusses studies on Fish oils and MTX in cardiology - the CIRT NEJM study appears at 35:23 - interesting to hear non-Rheum views on this approach https://t.co/MQCWLYgEnD
- Bing Bingham MD talking on immune related adverse events (MSK and autoimmune). Says these occur in 3-5% of cancer pts treated with Checkpoint inhibitors. Unofficial surveys show nearly 50% of Rheums have seen these referrals. #MARS #ARTHROS https://t.co/yZHMQjpMz8
- With irAEs arthralgias snd arthritis are common, but also can present as tendinitis tenosynovitis, dactylitis, PMR and most are seronegative https://t.co/WRvczdEsh9
- 27yoF w/ chronic 4 mos b/l knee effusions (SF WBC=22K, -C/S), MRI synovitis only, Labs normal but with +ANA 1:160, neg Parvo, B27, RF, CCP, RPR, HCV/HBV, ESR and CRP. No resp to NSAIDs or IA steroids. DX?
- Rheumatologist and Physician Salaries for 2018
- Nailfold Videocapillaroscopy in Dermatomyositis
- H2H: Ixekizumab vs. Adalimumab in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Early Registration for RheumNow Live march 22-24, 2019 in Fort Worth, TX