You are here
By Jack Cush, MD | 15 February 2019
Dr. Jack Cush discusses the news from the past week on RheumNow.com - including the SEAM trial, MRI guided T2T, biologics and infection, contraceptive use, ANA negative lupus, etc.
- Analysis of a large Pediatric hospital database and 5679 SLE admissions shows that 12.4% had Pericardial Effusion (PCE) at entry. PCE was assoc w/ 2.5 higherrisk of In-hospital mortality(p 0.027) and 1.5 time more 30Day readmissions (p 0.001). https://t.co/XS6FEGfdH5
- 927 Lupus registry study shows that use of combined hormonal contraceptives was low (8%) and nearly half (55%) took place in the setting of possible contraindication such as aPL (52%), HTN (34%), migraine with aura (22%). More study and info is needed https://t.co/yTCKbRTp2m
- Small study of 25 pregnancies in RA compared those who continued biologics till conception vs those who stopped before conception. Continuing biologics till conception lead to a significantly shorter time to pregnancy. https://t.co/NjhMDbQVux
- Genetic study using Mendelian randomization methods in a large UK biobank shows that whereas serum Uric acid has no association with eGFR level nor CKD risk, sUA does show a significant risk of #Gout. https://t.co/YRiVuOKof4
- Is the Serious infection (SIE) risk different between TCZ and TNFi? Not when used after failing 1 TNFi; But for biologic initiators, SIE risk was higher in TCZ compared to TNFi or ABA (based on claims data from 16074 TCZ matched to 33109 TNFi initiators https://t.co/kT9R04pBrz
- Cytokine profiles in lupus do not differ based on the Autoantibody status; hence the same in those positive for SSA/SSB or Sm/RNP or APL or multiple. However ANA negative Lupus have sign lower levels of IFNγ, TNFα, IL12/IL23p40, etc. https://t.co/jiEBPKbtxt
- No Added Benefit to MRI-Guided Therapy in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Differing Effects of Smoking and HLA-DRB1 in Seropositive Rheumatoids
- SEAM-PsA Study - Does Monotherapy MTX Win Despite Losing to Etanercept in Psoriatic Arthritis?