You are here
By Jack Cush, MD | 01 July 2016
Dr. Jack Cush reviews highlights from the news and social media in the past week on RheumNow.com
- Pharmacist lead virtual monitoring of uric acid levels leads to 3 fold more success in achieving SUA<6.0 https://t.co/DJBhGbLSL9
- Risk factors for Gangrene in Scleroderma (from the DUO study) includes: being a current/former smoker, ≥3 finger digital ulcrrs, prior gangrene, & sympathectomy https://t.co/DR9tGwAKG1
- 13 cancer patients treated with the immune checkpoint inhibitors, ipilimumab or nivolumab, who developed inflammatory arthritis and sicca syndrome.
- Tocilizumab in pregnancy: 288 exposed to TCZ - live births 60.6%, spontaneous abortions 21.7%, elective terminations 17.2%, and 1 stillbirth.
- Cancer Risk Lower with TNF inhibitors in Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Biologics significantly reduce fatigue in Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Hyperuricemia Increases Risk of Diabetes, Death and CV Disorders in Hypertensive Patients.
- Effects of Family History and Rheumatoid Arthritis reviewed.