You are here
By Jack Cush, MD | 17 February 2017
Dr. Jack Cush reviews this week's news and information from the 2017 RWCS meeting in Maui.
- 5yr study of inpatient gout flares - predictors include GI Bleed, urinary catheter or Abx use. Dr Orrin Troum lectures from RWCS2017 by https://t.co/uup3sbK8Hd
- RA patients having all 3 of the following factors (seropositivity; high IgG levels; detectable serum IL-33) in a cohort study shown to have a 100% response to Rituximab https://t.co/z6x1l5TgEa
- Abbvies JAK inhibitor (ABT-494) has a name, Uptacitinib, is currently in phIII trials. #RWCS 2017 info from Dr. M Genovese
- Rare cause of RA with lymphadenopathy - Think Angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma: rare; with LN, fever, rash, organomegaly polyarthritis https://t.co/HWWFzWQTQk
- 43% of 550 RA pts have ILD. 70% occurred within 10 yrs of RA onset, w/ reticular & ground-glass patterns, most NSIP https://t.co/Vt5BFYZhLN
- Study shows HBV reactivation w/ tocilizumab Rx only with Chronic HBV, not Resolved HBV - Do HBV testing with TCZ! https://t.co/NZQXQ8xWHB
- Kikuchis disease commonly associates with SLE - review of 138 patients with fever, necrotizing lymphadenitis, less nephritis https://t.co/NZQXQ8xWHB
- In animal models, abatacept and tofacitinib shown effective in treating suppressing Chikungunya arthritis. https://t.co/LOAinXNOON
- Brodalumab is FDA Approved for Psoriasis but with a Black box warning for suicide.
- Baricitinib Approved in the EU for Use in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- BEAM Study: Baricitinib Beats Placebo and Adalimumab in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Crohn's Arthritis Linked to E. Coli Infection.
- Immunosuppressives Fail to Benefit Early Skin Scleroderma
- Top Ten Things Rheumatologists Should Know When Ordering Imaging
- The Negotiator