You are here
By Jack Cush, MD | 17 March 2017
Dr. Jack Cush reviews highlights in the news from the past week at RheumNow.com.
- Post-strept reactive arthritis:Consider in differential Dx of seroneg oligo/polyarthritis, High ASO, no ST or Jones criteria http://buff.ly/2mKKt8q
- Healio reviews REMS- unique programs with FDA mandated drug safety measures to mitigate potential risks of a new drug. https://t.co/CW4HrI1Jii
- Among 1241 PsA TNFi initiations - Persistence predictors include TNFi naive, more skin, prior DMARDs, Mod/High Dz activity https://t.co/WnFj6WtS33
- Xrays & DECT in 92 gout pts, tophi and urate assoc w/ 80% of all erosions. Urate, tophus volume predict erosions https://t.co/JlDle82bUx
- Dont miss hypermobility syndrome - Be sure to ask the question - "are you double jointed or can you do anything unusual with your joints?"
- Pt I - VA study 748 RA pts w/ HCV, ALT incr only in 3.4%; Hepatotoxicity more common w/ Biologic than cDMARD(4.8 v 2.3%) https://t.co/KSHXUdVAai
- Pt II - VA study - majority of hepatotoxicity events occurred within 6 months of DMARD initiation (29/37, 78%) https://t.co/OarVTS5oop
- CORRONA proves a "Window of Opportunity" - shorter Dz duration (<2yrs) assoc w/ greater ΔCDAI & LDA w/ abatacept Rx https://t.co/RjZyrTqBkD
- Great review of Gout 2017 by Dr. Keenan. Gout care cost $31.8 billion from 2005-11 https://t.co/hq8zGLNzUw
- In 2002, there was 3.9 million outpatient visits for #Gout - only 1.3% were to rheumatologists. https://t.co/r5PRddtNfY
- Review of severe alopecia areata 90pts Rx w/ Xeljanz: 20% nearly total regrowth, 58% >50% regrowth,77% some regrowth https://t.co/8BZwOqevct
- FDA delayed action on Radius' new anabolic osteoporosis drug abaloparatide to June 30, requesting new information https://t.co/Ab4KDHbc9O
- ESPOIR 602 Early RA study x7yrs: 2/3 on Pred. Low dose pred use not assoc w/ more AE, infx, HTN; but more Drug use. https://t.co/9hEqNiAD90
- AAOS: High Prevalence of Low-Value Interventions in Pre-Op Knee OA http://rheumnow.com/content/aaos-high-prevalence-low-value-interventions...
- Interns Can Now Work 24 Hour Shifts
- The UnderManagement of Gout
- FDA Invites Open Commentary on Biosimilar Interchangeability
- Wine and the Rheumatologist: A Perfect Meal