You are here
By Jack Cush, MD | 02 June 2017
Dr. Jack Cush reviews highlights from the past week on RheumNow.com.
- 108 Early RA pts (<6 mos) 41% use CAM/nutraceutical.CAM & higher DAS28 had 7 mo DMARD delay; Higher HAQ levels associated with shorter delay in DMARD use. https://t.co/XQYwDyReWi
- 33 pts with Axial Spondyloarthritis Rx with NSAIDs decreased their MRI sacroiliitis and BM edema with longterm NSAIDs only https://t.co/LWMuGSDiFc
- Scleroderma Lung Study I/II CTX and MMF were associated with significant reductions in skin thickness compared to PBO @2yrs https://t.co/5LfsbTTGvC
- Rare MTX-induced skin necrosis w/ skin erosions, oral ulcers, cytopenia, 17% mortality. @Ris =age>60, CRI, no folate https://t.co/kaQ1oWIhGx
- VINDICATE mnemonic for AVN causes: Vascular, Infection, Drugs, Inflamm, Congenital, Autoimmune, Trauma, Endocrine https://t.co/d0oGGJp2Hq
- RA pregnant women shown to increase type 1 interferon gene expression from pre-preg to 3rd trimester https://t.co/Nar1onFQSS
- 23% of adult rheumatologists care for kids w/ JIA. 94% are comfortable diagnosing JIA; 76% comfortable treating JIA https://t.co/6B5XIIxntm
- New BSR 2017 British Society of.Rheumatology releases new guideline for Rx of gout; noting curative ULT must be offered to all pts early.
- Biologics Before Triple DMARD is Not Cost Effective in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- High Fiber Intake May Decrease Osteoarthritis Knee Pain
- Chondroitin Effective in Knee OA. Or is it?