You are here
By Jack Cush, MD | 22 April 2016
Highlights from this week on RheumNow.com
- Systematic review by Felson et al shows that MTX use in current RA clinical trials is suboptimal, most using 15mg, the highest dose was 20mg/wk and only one trial with parenteral MTX. https://t.co/1DYHxLK2DJ
- There's a despirate need for effective DMARD or biologic therapy for patients with with erosive osteoarthritis! GSK announced the launch of its Phase 2 trial of GM-CSF MAb in patients with inflammatory hand OA. https://t.co/cXNdTDufR7
- Celltrion chief executive said that Inflectra is expected to be priced ~20-30% lower than Remicade when released in the US. https://t.co/ceCHuYubzK
- Perioperative MTX use does not cause increased postoperative infectious complications or sepsis in IBD patients having abdominal surgery. https://t.co/ApgCyEhpeG
- A New Look at Old Pictures. Dr. David Pisetsky blogs on the appropriate or misleading use of picture to educate.
- Do's and Don'ts of Vaccination: a (Very) Brief Guide for Rheumatologists by Dr. Kevin Winthrop.
- Vaccine Success is Limited in Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- α Defensin Control of Inflammation. The protective effects of defensins and their therapeutic potential is proposed.
- BeST Trial and 10-Year Outcomes of Four Treatment Strategies
- Osteoporotic Fractures at Higher Risk for Subsequent Fractures