You are here
By Jack Cush, MD | 24 June 2016
Dr. Cush reviews highlights published this week at RheumNow.com.
- 40% lymphoma risk in Sjogrens if 3-6 risk factors present; including enlarged glands, lymphadenopathy, Raynauds, Ro/La, RF, monoclonal gammopathy, low C4 http://buff.ly/28QOil
- faSScinate study published in Lancet. 87 SSc patients treated with PBO or TCZ 162/wk. Improved skin scores (P=0.06) & FVC (p=0.03) @48wks https://t.co/bFpOrMKAFi
- Do Not Do CPK & Thyroid testing with suspected Fibromyalgia; study of 373 pts - none had high CPK & TSH not helpful https://t.co/xRp0xWBjDu
- Morning stiffness severity is better than duration; AMS duration weakly correlates with disease activity https://t.co/0gulDMicoc
- Nonseptic olecranon bursitis RCT revealed similar outcomes with either compression+NSAID(85%), aspiration+steroid(85%);aspiration alone (65%) https://t.co/XXZdkBQgFt
- Study of ~140K UK residents finds 43.5% live w/ chronic pain; widespread pain 14%, neuropathic pain 8% & FM 5.4% https://t.co/mj91YqumXQ
- Breast cancer patients who also have autoimmune disorders have reduced survival and worse outcomes https://t.co/U2hsLENZxa
- Add Sarcoidosis to the list of causes of "saddle-nose deformity" (also relapsing polychondritis, GPA, syphilis) https://t.co/Rh20HOXkgm
- Studies from UCLA & Univ. Pittsburgh show Lung Transplant outcomes in Scleroderma similar to outcomes w/ pulm fibrosis https://t.co/8AagBRVCmB
- CDC report shows 10.4-23.6% of population doesn't wear seat belts; yet seat belts reduce MVA fatalities by 45-60% https://t.co/AjcSgcVUbx
- Infection Risk Increased in Giant Cell Arteritis, especially in the first year.
- Hypogonadism Increases the Risk of Autoimmunity 31-58%.
- New EULAR Guidelines on the Management of Behçet's Disease.