You are here
By Jack Cush, MD | 09 December 2016
Dr. Jack Cush reviews highlights from this week on RheumNow.com.
- RA pts have 2 fold CV risk (equal to DM related risks). Shouldnt Rheums be responsible for managing CV risk in RA https://t.co/EHl6p0zfFD
- Smoking in non-RA not associated with Autoantibodies; but in RA, smoking is associated with multiple autoantibodies (RF, CCP2, CarP) https://t.co/ati1L69yYi
- Tumor-induced osteomalacia, rare, with low serum phosphate, high Alkaline phosphatase, fatigue arthralgias, multiple fractures from FGF-23 producing mesenchymal tumors. https://t.co/i63MPJtTbK
- PFAPA syndrome in Adults too: Periodic Fevers (q4wk), Aphthous ulcers , Pharynbitis, Cervical Adenitis, arthralgias, myalgia, N/V, abdominal pains. https://t.co/89K8ia58KT
- Genes/SNPs that influence RA onset/risk are not predictive of drug responses or ultimate outcomes https://t.co/O1Rw7Yzl84
- 10% of ANCA+ vasculitis developed cancer; CTX had 3x risk (vs. normals); RTX had 33% lower risk. Cancer was 4.6x more with CTX than RTX https://t.co/FLnHWzc8KA
- BMJ study of >19k men, shows testosterone use associated with a 63% increased risk of DVT in the 1st 6mos. https://t.co/Rpy7SdtnRY
- TAFRO syndrome: a rare inflammatory disorder with thrombocytopenia, anasarca, pleural effusion, ascites, fever; renal insufficiency, organomegaly, lymphadenopathy https://t.co/pPvbczLt96
- Catastrophic antiphospholipid registry of 500 patients: 30% had SLE, death in 37%; renal 73%, lung 60%, half w/ CNS, heart, skin https://t.co/3fWqYlLZ4p
- ENTRACTE study shows an equal CV Risk with Actemra vs Enbrel in RA patients
- Key Lessons from the TNF Inhibitor Head-to-Head EXXELERATE Study
- Is ABT-494 the Next JAK Inhibitor?