You are here
The RheumNow Week in Review discusses the past week's news, journal articles and highlights from RheumNow.com. In this week's report, Dr. Jack Cush discusses weight loss and nonadherence in gout, tofacitinib and atherosclerosis, new FDA approvals for PsA and AS, and biosimilar savings ahead.
- Metanalysis of ULT adherence in Gout, 16 studies show adherence 46-48%,higher with elderly and those with DM, HTN or comorbidity https://buff.ly/2y6kOQd
- Atherosclerosis assessed by CIMT in 46 RA pts showed tofacitinib to improve CIMT, despite potential to increase lipids. https://t.co/w2myWgYu61
- Claims data on RA pts shows better persistence with 581 MOA switchers vs 935 TNFi cyclers (48% v 40%) & lower healthcare costs ($37,804 versus $42,116) https://t.co/4TNQYgMw4f
- British psoriasis registry (BADBIR) shows SIE not increased with biologics ETN, ADA, UST (1.4-1.5/100PY) vs nonbiologic 1.4/100py https://t.co/7ZQD65e7W9
- ANCA Assoc Vasculitis has increased malignancy risk that has decreased w/ better theatment and less CTX use. https://t.co/4UJBLtt8Wk
- Review of 10 wt loss intervention trials in obese or overweight gout pts - 6/8 showed weight loss reduces attacks. https://t.co/pfEAoWwdIR
- FDA Approves Simponi Aria for Psoriatic Arthritis and Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Biosimilars Projected to Yield $54 Billion in Savings in the next decade
- RABBIT Risk Scores are Higher in ICU-Admitted RA Patients
For ACR Coverage: follow us @RheumNow or #ACR17 on Twitter, daily (M-Th) go to ACR17.rheumnow.com, lookout for our real time twitter polls during the meeting!