You are here
By Jack Cush, MD | 18 March 2016
See the highlights from the past week that appeared on RheumNow.com, and watch Dr. Jack Cush as he reviews each of them.
- NSAID use in Knee Osteoarthritis associated w/ incr risk venous thromboembolism; for all NSAIDs but not naproxen
- Metanalysis shows there is no link between Leflunomide use in RA and Lung disease.
- In a 6 mos RCT, Febuxostat slows the decline in GFR in CKD stages 3/4 compared to placebo.
- RA Annual cost of biologics (2011-13) RTX $19,569, ABA $21,877, ETN $25,805, CZP $26,285, GOL $27,666, ADA $30,269
- Rheumatic Dz adm to ICU: vasculitis(36%), sarcoidosis (14%), PSS (10%), SLE (8%) for infx(60%) & organ failure(48%).
- The Role of Hydroxychloroquine Blood Levels in SLE
- Bisphosphonate Use Falls Following FDA Warnings
- Acetaminophen: No Effect in Osteoarthritis Pain or Function
- Sclerostin Inhibition May Worsen Rheumatoid Arthritis
- TNF Inhibitors Increase Perioperative Infection Risk
- New CDC Guidelines on Prescribing Opiates for Pain