You are here
By Jack Cush, MD | 21 September 2018
Dr. Jack Cush reviews the news and updates from the past week on RheumNow.
- Beth L. Jonas, MD, Is Named Chief of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology at the Univ of N. Carolina School of Medicine. https://t.co/zAUQlTSspV
- Limited sample of 35 pregnancies (in 25 pts w/ psoriatic arthritis) shows most do well thru-out preg & 1/2 flare post partum. Of the 2/3 on biologics - discontinuation was assoc w/ flares & pred use. Biologic continuation showed no change in Dz activity https://t.co/xzZHGU4vRp
- Chronic back pain suspected of having axial spondyloarthritis (axSpA) should not undergo follow-up MRI of the sacroiliac joint (MRI-SI) within a year if they had a previously negative baseline MRI-SI https://t.co/OoXDzcBTNd
- MMWR/NHIS shows in 2016 20.4% of US adults had chronic pain, 8% had high-impact (limiting) pain; Both more prevalent w/ poverty, less education, & public health insurance. Pain costs US $560 billion/YR in direct med costs, lost productivity, & disability https://t.co/EBhqOWZ6mP
- Galectin-9: an easy measure of IFN signature in SLE, Galectin-9, CXCL-10 & TNF-RII measured SLE, SLE+APS, primary APS; All correlated with Dz activity and Galectin-9 was better than dsDNA, CXCL-10 or TNF-RII in correlating w/ IFN score (r=0.70, p<0.001). https://t.co/yMsHIJxhQN
- Dermatology (EADV) Congress in Paris reports 24 wk trial results of a JAK3 inhibitor and TYK2/JAK1 inhibitor in patients with alopecial areata. The 24 wk placebo-adjusted mean improvements were 33.6 and 49.5 points (P<0.0001), evident as early as Week 6, https://t.co/zN2aGpHXWk
- Maastricht Study Links Dairy Intake to Osteoarthritis
- Unproven But Profitable Stem Cell Clinics
- An Association between GCA and IBD
- Breast Implant Study: More Worries or Not?
- New Classification of Idiopathic Inflammatory Myopathies