You are here
By Jack Cush, MD | 29 July 2016
Dr Jack Cush reviews this week's highlights from RheumNow.com.
- RA: risk of serious infection rises with Interstitial lung dz; 2 fold higher in 1st yr; higher with BOOP & steroids >10mg/day. https://t.co/axzUZhrtHD
- FDA warns against using fluoroquinolones (to Rx UTI, bronchitis etc) if other safer Rx options exist. https://t.co/UA0uNmcW3O
- Quercetin shown to signif. reduce Uric acid, it inhibits xanthine oxidoreductase in vitro. Not studied in gout. https://t.co/0Fq95UK3PS
- CHMP has recommended abatacept for 1st line use (before MTX) in moderate to severe RA. EMA to consider approval https://t.co/kXyD1cXKbO
- Anakinra not effective if added to MTX in early RA: CARDERA2 study of 154pts Rx x2yrs. No xray benefit, less DAS/HAQ https://t.co/owvwPhhtss
- UK audit of 5000 RA shows only 20% referred from GP to Rheum in 3days (NICE target). Wait time to see Rheum 23-34d https://t.co/5jwIa90EL6
- FDA Panel Recommends Brodalumab Approval in Psoriasis.
- Pravastatin Improves Obstetric Outcomes in Anti-Phospholipid Syndrome Patients.
- Long-Term Safety of Adalimumab Reviewed.
- MACRA for the Overwhelmed Rheumatologist.
- The Purse Exam: a Forgotten Part of the Physical.