Effective Date: September 25, 2020
RheumNow takes your privacy and the security of your data seriously.
If you have any questions or need anything else, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are four primary kinds of data that we collect about you while using RheumNow.com and any of our related products and services:
- Voluntarily Submitted Information: We collect and store any information that you voluntarily give to us when creating an account and while using RheumNow.com features such as surveys. This includes personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, profile photo, zip code, and reader type (e.g. rheumatologist, pharmacist, medical trainee). We also collect personally identifiable information when you subscribe to services like our newsletter. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, though you recognize that your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of RheumNow.com.
- Analytics Data: Our servers automatically collect information about how you use our site — what you’re clicking on, what you’re searching, the timing and duration of your visits — when you’re using the site. We also collect data on the kinds of devices and browsers that visit, and the IP address you’re visiting us from.
- Mobile Device Data: Our servers also collect device information -- such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer -- if you access RheumNow from a mobile device.
- Third-Party Data: We may use third-party sites, services or applications to provide you with RheumNow content (“Third-Party Services”). These Third-Party Services may include platforms like YouTube, Twitter, and Zoom. If you access our content through these Third-Party Services, we may collect data about your usage, identity, and other information consistent with the respective privacy policies of those Services.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We maintain the data we collect for the purpose of managing RheumNow.com and to provide and improve our services. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via RheumNow.com to:
- Create and manage your account;
- Email you regarding your account and updates to RheumNow.com;
- Provide the RheumNow newsletter;
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of RheumNow.com;
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the site;
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- Respond to product and customer service requests;
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally;
- Perform other business activities as needed.
We may also link data we collect with other datasets to customize and improve RheumNow.com for you, and to assist in verifying your identity. For example, if you identify as a physician or rheumatologist during the account creation process, we may match your name and email address with your registration number in the publicly available National Provider Identifier (NPI) database.
RheumNow does not sell, share, rent, or otherwise divulge individual-level data collected from you to any third parties including pharmaceutical or marketing companies.
However, we do provide aggregate data on RheumNow users and their engagement with our content to advertisers and other third parties. Similarly, voluntary responses to surveys on RheumNow.com may be aggregated and provided to third parties.
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You should be aware that under certain circumstances, we may share information we have collected from you to third parties. These situations include:
- Online Postings: When you post comments, contributions or other content to RheumNow.com, your posts may be viewed by other users. If you interact with other users of RheumNow.com, those users may see your name, and descriptions of your activity.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We may share your information with trusted third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including email delivery, hosting services, medical education opportunities involving RheumNow, customer service, and marketing assistance.
- Website Analytics: We may also partner with selected third-party vendors to allow tracking technologies on RheumNow.com through the use of first party cookies and third-party cookies, to, among other things, analyze and track users’ use of our service and better understand online activity. By accessing RheumNow.com, you consent to the collection and use of your information by these third-party vendors.
- Legal Disclosure: If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information to third-parties as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation.
THIRD-PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES
We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any Third-Party Services. Third-Party Services are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us. Inclusion of, linking to, or permitting the use or installation of any Third-Party Service does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us.
Before visiting and providing any information to any Third-Party Services, you should inform yourself of their privacy policies and practices, and should take those steps necessary to, in your discretion, protect the privacy of your information. We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use a variety of security measures to help protect your information, and limit the amount of information we collect from you to minimize risk.
While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information. If you have reason to believe your use of RheumNow.com is no longer secure, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT
You may at any time terminate your account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will delete your account and any associated information from our active databases. This will include any public comments or other posts that you have made on RheumNow.com. However, please note that some information may be retained in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce terms, or comply with legal requirements.
PRIVACY NOTICES PERTAINING TO SPECIFIC USERS
- Users Outside the United States: Please be advised that RheumNow.com is hosted in the United States. If you access RheumNow.com from the European Union, Asia, or any other region of the world with laws or other requirements governing personal data collection, use, or disclosure that differ from applicable laws in the United States, then through your continued use of RheumNow.com, you acknowledge that you are transferring your data to the United States, and you expressly consent to have your data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- Users Based in California: RheumNow is not currently a business regulated by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). For more information about the CCPA, you can visit this website.
- Child Privacy: RheumNow is not for children under the age of thirteen. To use RheumNow.com you must be at least thirteen or old enough to consent to our data collection practices in your jurisdiction, whichever age is greater.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
If you have any further questions, you are welcome to get in touch with the RheumNow support team by emailing them at email@example.com.