RheumNow Week in Review – 22 July 2016 Save
Highlights from this week on RheumNow.com include:
- In Tofacitinib developmental trials in RA and Psoriasis, there were 1821 women of child-bearing age who were exposed; 47 became pregnant (33 monoRx). There were no deaths and one congenital malformation (1 Pulmonic valve stenosis), 7 Spontaneous Abortions. http://buff.ly/2azDHwd
- BMS has a new autoinjector for abatacept (ORENCIA) called "ClickJect" with a 15 sec delivery duration https://t.co/6QHIqK51Pj
- Between 10-50% of colorectal cancer patients have a positive ANA by either EIA or IIF. Small study but instructive. https://t.co/WWMbH3J4Vw
- Pirfenidone is FDA approved for IPF. Open label study 63 PSS patients with IPF show it tolerable and safe but no effect on outcomes https://t.co/j2ujvmfMnF
- NEJM article by Drs. Taurog & Colbert review ankylosing spondylitis & Spondyloarthritis. https://t.co/L6lQSi9Gyn
- RWCS Pearl: Dapsone can be of benefit in SCLE patients who do not respond to antimalarials. https://t.co/5cOXVH42Xi
- WEGENT compared outcomes in 112 GPA & MPA patients; Imuran & MTX had similar 10 yr survival, relapse rates, & toxicities https://t.co/dIl4wnsRzY
- Adherence to T2T in 198 early RA pts had no effect on Xrays or 12 mos DAS, but significantly improved DAS & functional outcomes at 3 yrs. https://t.co/XrXhnEkkUl
- MTX in Psoriatic arthritis achieves MDA – minimal disease activity criteria in https://t.co/dO6qyys8yy
- Epigenetic Changes to Inflammasome Found in Autoinflammatory Syndromes.
- DEXA Still Needed While on Bisphosphonates: a study of 6629 Canadian women with osteoporosis taking bisphosphonates finds ~20% have decrease in bone density on medication.
- Prevalence of Spondyloarthropathy in Fibromyalgia. Sacroiliitis found in 8% of 99 FM patients. Axial SpA found in 10%. Inflammatory MRI imaging changes found in 17% to 25% of patients.
- Will Patent Extensions Delay Biosimilar Arrivals?
The author has no conflicts of interest to disclose related to this subject