Dr. Jack Cush is joined by rheumatology colleagues to discuss impressions and impact of the 9/1/21 FDA Drug Safety Communication to physicians regarding new label changes, adding new (Boxed) Warnings for cardiovascular and cancer risks with the use of JAK inhibitors (tofacitinib, baricitinib, upadacitinib) in inflammatory arthritis patients.
The Video discussion includes Drs. Kathryn Dao (Dallas), Rachel Tate (Palm Beach), William Shergy (Huntsville), Jeffrey Sparks (Boston), and Jack Cush (Dallas).
- Jack Cush, MD: Advisor/Consultant: Abbvie, Novartis, Amgen, BMS. (Investigator on Pfizer 1133 trial)
- Rachel Tate, MD: Speakers bureau for Abbvie
- Kathryn Dao, MD: Nothing to disclose
- Jeffrey Sparks, MD: research support from Bristol-Myers Squibb and consultancy for AbbVie, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Gilead, Inova Diagnostics, Janssen, Optum, and Pfizer.
- William Shergy, MD: Speaker for Amgen, Pfizer, and AbbVie; Clinical trials with AbbVie, Amgen, BMS, Gilead, and Pfizer,