RheumNow Podcast – New World Order (3.27.20) Save
Dr. Jack Cush reviews the news and COVID developments from this past week.
RheumNow PSA - 1-4 patient support announcements on dealing with medications, their health, COVID, Safety, Myths and Stress.
- Rheumnow PSA 4 --- COVID Myths. Dr. Jack Cush dispels a number of myths about the COVID/Corona pandemic. Watch it here>> https://bit.ly/3bsoM55 or listen on iTunes or Podcast here>> https://bit.ly/3dxd4b6
- Rheumnow PSA 3 - COVID Safety Advice - Rules and Tips for Rheumatic patients to remain safe and limit exposure to the COVID-19 infection https://t.co/jZgKI88tmu
- Rheumnow PSA 2 - Your Medical Care - Patient Video on Do's and Don'ts to consider during COVID-19 https://t.co/GkkGmEH6R7
- RheumNow PSA 1 - A patient service Video - How to Manage your Arthritis Medications (in the time of COVID) - View the video here: https://t.co/egUTpxfx96 or listen to the podcast on iTunes or here>> https://t.co/8wV4V2pYY5 https://t.co/H7NoZtKAGW
- Side effects of Chloroquine - retinopathy, cardiac (conduction disturbances, cardiomyopathy, CHF), ototoxicity (hearing loss, tinnitus, imbalance), Skin rash, itching, skin exanthema, hyperpigmentation photodynamic reactions. https://t.co/4XPV0ayU3Z #COVID @rheum_COVID
- In Vitro evidence of comparative efficacy of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine against SARS-CoV-2 in vitro. https://t.co/aNuENEiCuX
- American Academy of Dermatology issues guidance on COVID - 1) Do NOT stop biologic therapy without calling your Dr. 2) Especially for those without COVID symptoms or a (+)test; 3) if you have a proven COVID infection, stop the biologic https://t.co/ppVNUcdZm4
- Check Dr. Michelle Petri's answers on Hydroxychloroquine and a potential Shortage. Watch it here>> https://t.co/eLUR3N3L9m or listen to the podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud here>> https://t.co/dC5jOCczLu
- Phenomenal discussion of HCQ in COVID-19 study, echoes my concerns: 1. Not randomized 2. Poor choice of outcome 3. Control arm ill conceived 4. Pts inappropriately dropped from analysis 5. Overstated conclusions PDF of this excellent article here: https://t.co/Mbrq7bFHk0 https://t.co/kDWucvaz1n
- Office of the Inspector General has issued a 90 day moratorium on administrative sanctions for reducing or waiving any cost-sharing obligations (copays, etc) for Federal health care program beneficiaries may owe for telehealth services furnished https://t.co/iiPSIHYc4W
- Global Rheumatology Alliance Registry Will Study COVID-19 Dr. Philip Robinson Jinoos yadazny and UCSF provide valuable information about COVID-19 to the global rheumatology community
- Great Videos worth watching: 1) Calebrese; 2) Petri; 3) Kavanaugh; 4) Dao; 5) Ruderman; 6) Gravallese; 7) Winthrop; 8) Wells x 3
- The world has changed, if you haven't then your taking risks (for you and everyone else) akin to driving without a seatbelt, with no car door next to you, while drunk and being chased by Sheriff Buford T. Justice - We all need to do our best for each other.
- What we don’t know:
- Are our patients protected or at a higher risk? Looks good so far, but we need data
- What will happen with a HCQ and IL-6 shortage?
- Scenario and sequence when one of our patients is symptomatic?
- Where are the lessons we can learn from?
- Disaster should lead to preparedness
- Where and how was disaster avoided?
The author has no conflicts of interest to disclose related to this subject