The ACR17 RheumNow Week in Review - 10 November 2017 Save
This special edition of the RheumNow Week in Review covers highlights of selected sessions from the 2017 ACR annual meeting in San Diego. Dr. Jack Cush reviews lupus and the microbiome, daily podcasts, pregnancy and lactation, osteoporosis drug holidays and screening for pulmonary hypertension.
Many thanks to the RheumNow Faculty for their work and expertise!
- Greg Silverman, MD on Lupus microbiome – check out his video showing that lupus activity was paralleled by expansion of a single species that cross reacts with dsDNA production, especially in lupus nephritis.
- ACR 2017 Podcast – one for each day . Start with Day 1
- Dr. Brook Mills PGY4 – Abst 355 Perceptions and Outcomes of Pregnancy and Lactation in Patients with Rheumatic Diseases
- Jeff Curtis Plenary Session on Bisphosphonate Holidays
- Park et al Plenary on Flu Vaccine in RA patients on methotrexate
- Mease presents the Late-breaker Future 5 study
- Plenary abst#1788 examined intra-articular steroid injection. Using OAI study, IA steroid use significantly increases risk of knee OA progression & need for knee replacement (>5 fold incr risk)
- Dr. Alan Gibofsy video on prednisone use and the cost of care
- Pain improved by baricitinib. Video interview
- Dr. Olga Petryna Video on algorithmic approach to Screening for pulmonary HTN in scleroderma patients.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci – opening keynote lecture on Saturday Nov. 5th.
Congratulations to the ACR and is hard working staff for a great annual meeting. Many thanks to outgoing president, Dr. Sharad Lakanphal and Congratulations to Dr David Daikh, the new incoming ACR president. We look forward to your leadership and guidance for 2018.